What is the most difficult part of losing weight? For many people it is choosing the right foods to eat - particularly when you have a sweet tooth. It can be tough sticking to a strict diet. Luckily, there are some sweet treats you can have that won't kill your diet. Here you'll find a simple recipe to satisfy your cravings.
This may possibly be the healthiest brownie recipe you'll ever come across. It is FILLED with the nutrition of a large salad stuffed with veggies, and actually has a variety of super foods blended in the mix. This Healthy Brownie Recipe is the Shakeology Frozen Fudgy Oat Bars.
[Quick background on Shakeology: I primarily use Shakeology as a meal replacement. Shakeology is a super food blend. Most often I have it for breakfast, or if I've been naughty I'll whip myself into shape by having Shakeology for dinner a few times throughout a week.] Because Shakeology comes in powder form, it is not just a meal replacement. It can be used for a variety of snacks including my favorite, chocolate Shakeology pie, also no bake cookies, and even pancakes.
This recipe is a new one for me which I can't wait to try! I hope you enjoy it!
Healthy Brownie Recipe: Shakeology Frozen Fudgy Oat Bars
Total Time: 1 hr., 10 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Yield: 4 bars
• 1 scoop Chocolate Shakeology
• 1 scoop Beachbody Whey Protein Powder (or other whey protein powder. You can whey protein powder at most health food stores)
• ½ cup natural peanut butter*
• ½ banana
• ½ cup rolled oats
1. Mix all of the ingredients together.
2. Freeze for at least 90 minutes in an 8" x 8" pan.
4. Remove from freezer, cut into 4 squares.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Saturated Fat: 2g
Sugar Total: 6g
* Quick note on natural peanut butter. If you've never used natural peanut butter, I highly recommend the switch. Natural peanut butter is made with one ingredient - peanuts! (Occasionally, some brands will have a little bit of salt. That is fine). The key is natural peanut butter does not have the added sugar that typical peanut butter has.
Now you don't have to throw away your hard work to satisfy your sweet tooth. Enjoy this healthy brownie recipe and still get tons of nutrition!